ON WINDSWEPT HEIGHTS II
Historical Highlights of the Royal Canadian Air Force
- No. 1 RCAF Air Division aerobatic team — the Fireballs — in 1954 at No. 3 Fighter Wing, Zweibrucken, Germany. From left to right: S/L Chuck Keating (lead), F/O Rick Mace, F/O Syd Burrows and F/O Jack Frazer. Photo: Courtesy of LCol (ret’d) Syd Burrows
- Some members of the 2008 Snowbirds team (from left): Capt Christian Dallamore, Capt Brett Glaeser, Capt Mark LaVerdière, Capt Sean Hanson and Capt Denis Beaumont.
- Search and rescue technician MCpl Nic Meunier examines a Haitian woman in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
- Capt Jane Foster (left) and Capt Deanna (Dee) Brasseur, posing in front of a CF-5 (officially designated CF-116) Freedom Fighter in 1988, were Canada’s first female fighter pilots.
- A T-33 Silver Star flies over the Rocky Mountains in 1975.
- A CF-104 Starfighter from No. 1 Air Division flies over Hohenzollern Castle in the Federal Republic of Germany in 1969.
- Airwomen undergo training at the Radar and Communication School in Clinton, Ont.